Developers have confirmed to the City that they have financing in place for a $17.1 million redevelopment of Buffalo Crossing on the Great Falls Missouri River urban corridor.
GFDA Top 10
Here is our Top 12 for this week, celebrating work and successes to grow and strengthen the Great Falls regional economy.
1) Networked with site selection consultants and Canadian leaders at the Area Development FDI Consultant Forum in Edmonton. Networked with Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) colleagues across the country at the Opportunity Finance Network annual conference in DC. Published our GFDA Index 2019Q3.
2) Dick Anderson Construction completed renovation of the Sperry Chalet in Glacier National Park. Great work to all involved! See details in Great Falls Tribune.
3) Trick or Treat? There are no tricks when it comes to the low FIXED interest rates for the SBA 504 loan program! The treat is October interest rates for the 25-year note is at 3.48%, the 20-year note is at 3.398%, the 10-year note is 3.553%, and the 20-year refi rate is 3.40%. Even more of a spooky surprise is the business owner could end up paying as little as 10% for their equity contribution. If you would like more information on how you can take advantage of financing your commercial real estate and/or equipment , please contact Jill Kohles at JKohles@GrowGreatFalls.org.
4) NeighborWorks Great Falls, NeighborWorks Montana and Wells Fargo announced a new homebuyer education and downpayment grant program, called NeighborhoodLIFT, for low and moderate income families. See www.MontanaLift.org for more details.
5) As subscribers to our Top 10 know, GFDA offered dozens of entrepreneurial education courses each year. One of our cash flow and profitability classes, Profit Mastery, can be a powerful tool. This week, Action Plumbing Plus reported their financial impacts since taking Profit Mastery in February 2019 and subsequently implementing it as a tool. As part of operational efficiency and cash management improvements, profitability has grown by over 300%! As a result, their cash position is allowing them to plan for acquiring a new building. “Tears of Joy,” Kayla Weiss said. “Your services have been invaluable to us as a company.” Could your company be the next success story? Contact Jason to schedule a private session of Profit Mastery at JNitschke@GrowGreatFalls.org.
6) An accurate set of books is a critical tool enabling entrepreneurs to make well-informed business decisions. Seats are filling up quickly for our final QuickBooks class of the year. Join us for this full-day training Friday, November 1st by registering here.
7) The Montana Manufacturing Extension Center is offering a PCQI Preventive Controls for Human Food Course, December 10-12 in Bozeman. The course will explain the regulatory requirements of the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA). For more info and to register, click here.
8) The Great Falls PTAC presented a workshop on “Win the Bid” on RFPs for five businesses at GFDA’s offices this week. If you are interested in doing business with government agencies, contact Shannon Clancy at (406) 590-1184 or SClancy@GrowGreatFalls.org.
9) We have loan funds available to fill gaps, provide bridges and cleanup hazardous materials. We have funds available anywhere in the Golden Triangle, so if your business startup or expansion, real estate development, or nonprofit services project is held up for lack of financing, we may be able to help. Contact Jill Kohles or have your banker if you prefer, JKohles@GrowGreatFalls.org or 1-406-590-1056.
10) Plan to attend the reveal of the downtown visioning process. Over 70 people replied online and over 100 attended the planning session. On November 20 we will have to sessions in the Missouri Room of the Civic Center, one at four and seven. RSVP here.
11) Development Coffee this Friday, November 1, 7:00 AM at NeighborWorks Great Falls.
12) Thank you to this week’s Investors in Economic Development, Great Falls Montana Tourism, for their investment at the Leadership Division, KLJ, for their investment at the Community Division, and Wendy Weissman, CPA for her investment at the Supporter Division. GFDA continues to grow and diversify our regional economy. If we are going to improve our opportunities, quality of life and overall market competitiveness, we know it is going to take resources. Simply put: the more we do, the more investment opportunities we have. If you want to take part in growing our regional opportunities, call Teresa Schreiner at 406.781.9499 or email at TSchreiner@GrowGreatFalls.org.
We are HUNGRY to Grow the Great Falls regional economy, create higher wage jobs, build our tax base, improve our market competitiveness, and enhance the quality of life and economic opportunity for residents of Great Falls, Cascade County, and the entire 13-county Great Falls trade area.
President & CEO
“Frustration is the fuel that can lead to the development of an innovative and useful idea.”
GFDA Job Openings
GFDA has another new career opportunity. We’ve partnered with the Great Falls Business Improvement District to create a Downtown Business Development Officer position. See description below or download all our position openings and help us spread the word!
Downtown Business Development Officer
Main Street Economic Development
Dynamic, self-motivated professional sought to join our passionate, creative, fast-paced, results-driven economic development team. We are looking for a super star to lead downtown economic revitalization in partnership with the Downtown Development Partnership of Great Falls (an accredited National Main Street program) and the Great Falls Business Improvement District. You will meet with existing downtown businesses to aid in their retention and expansion, conduct market research, work to attract businesses and developers to downtown, and provide overall aid in our downtown business development efforts. Involves coordination, cold-calling, networking, relationship building, project management, advocacy, marketing events, meeting with businesses, listening, and additional client business development services. Position may involve travel in region, U.S. and Canada. Looking for a star with demonstrated achievement in business development. Requires excellent writing, computer, and communication skills. Live on the Missouri River along the Rocky Mountain Front and work with a great team! Salary range $45,000-55,000 with excellent benefits, professional development, growth opportunities, and flexible work environment. EOE. Cover letter and resume to Brett Doney, President, BDoney@GrowGreatFalls.org. Open until we find a great candidate.
Commercial Loan Processor and Operations Assistant
Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI)
Dynamic, self-motivated professional sought to join our passionate, creative, fast-paced, results-driven economic development lending team. Help us to keep growing our gap and bridge financing efforts to support entrepreneurs, businesses, developers and non-profit organizations throughout the Great Falls trade area and across Montana. This position receives,reviews and processes commercial loan documents, maintains loan application files and other duties related to the processing and servicing of the commercial loan portfolio.Reviews all gathered pending documents for accuracy, completeness, loan authority, lien position, insurance, flood insurance, collateral, appraisal, coding, risk rating, disbursements, etc. Reviews documents for compliance purposes, recognizes problems with documentation, and takes appropriate action. Requires the ability to maintain accurate records, work with a wide variety of clients, and have computer and communication skills. Experience with SBA 504 loan servicing and/or economic development loan funds a plus. Must be detail oriented and organized with flexibility to help achieve our overall team mission. Live on the Missouri River along the Rocky Mountain Front and work with a great team! Salary range $35,000-45,000 with excellent benefits, professional development, growth opportunities, and flexible work environment. EOE. Cover letter and resume to Brett Doney, President, BDoney@GrowGreatFalls.org. Open until we find a great candidate.
Talent Attraction Director
Digital Content Marketing
Dynamic, self-motivated professional sought to join our passionate, creative, fast-paced, results-driven economic development team. We are looking for an experienced digital marketing leader who can learn and utilize best practices to design and implement a program with the goal of getting people to relocate in the Great Falls region. This public relations star will manage content on our website and social media platforms, engage partners and the community, conduct research, and implement PR campaigns to attract people to the Great Falls region. Requires excellent writing, computer, and communication skills. Live on the Missouri River along the Rocky Mountain Front and work with a great team! Salary range $35,000-45,000 with excellent benefits, professional development, growth opportunities, and flexible work environment. EOE. Cover letter and resume to Brett Doney, President, BDoney@GrowGreatFalls.org. Open until we find a great candidate.
October SBA 504 Loan Rates
The 25-year loan effective rate came in at 3.44%; 20-year at 3.398%; 20-year refinance at 3.40%; and, 10-year equipment 3.553%. These rates are FIXED for the life of the loan and are inclusive of all fees. If you would like to find out how to get financing for commercial real estate and equipment at potentially lower rates than you’re paying for your home mortgage, please contact Jill Kohles at 406-590-1056 or JKohles@GrowGreatFalls.org.
Cost-Effective Rail-Served Industrial Sites Available
If your company needs a rail-served, BNSF-Certified, shovel-ready site with all municipal services at your door, we have lots available for immediate construction in the Great Falls AgriTech Park. Contact Jolene Schalper at 1.406.750.4481 or JSchalper@GrowGreatFalls.org
Events, Business Training, and Opportunities
The Great Falls Business Improvement District issued a Request for Proposal for Downtown Wayfinding. Questions can be directed to Joan Redeen at 406.77.5403 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submission is November 8, 2019 at 12:30 PM MST.
The Montana Manufacturing Extension Center offers a great array of workshops and trainings for all sizes of manufacturing companies.
The Montana Department of Commerce’s Film Office is offering powerful new incentives to promote filming and production in Montana. Click here for details.