Very much enjoyed networking with the Singapore SelectUSA business leader delegation at the Enterprise Singapore reception. Singapore’s foreign direct investment in the U.S. was $27.3 billion in 2020, including AgroCorp’s investment in our region!
GFDA’s Top 10
Here is our Top 14 for this week celebrating work and successes to grow and strengthen the Great Falls regional economy — Montana’s Golden Triangle. And, sharing business resources and skill-building opportunities to empower your success.
1) Congratulations to the Bear Paw Volunteer Fire Department on the completion of their new Fire Hall, see Havre Daily News. Congratulations to Malmstrom AFB’s 341st Civil Engineer Squadron Natural Resources Team on winning the Air Force Civil Engineer Thomas D. White Award for best natural resources conservation team; see MAFB press release.
2) Ten entrepreneurs and advisors to business began our two-day cash flow and profitability workshop, Profit Mastery. In session one attendees learned how to analyze their financial statements, calculate and conduct ratio analysis, and how to use that information to make well-informed business decisions. Special thanks to AE2S for hosting this training.
3) The new CDL truck driver training program at Great Falls College MSU will launch in August. Eight local employers are partnering to get it started, but more are needed. Thank you to Sysco, Meadow Gold Dairy Farmers, Gusto Distributing, City of Great Falls, REIC – Midway, Warden Paper, Holman Aviation, Hoven Equipment for partnering with the college! See CDL Business Partnership Framework. Congratulations to the College, Great Falls Job Service, Great Falls Area Chamber of Commerce and industry leaders for putting this together! Contact Tammie Hickey for more info at 406-771-5104 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
4) TC Glass is a third-generation company serving Montana since 1938. The company is expanding their fabrication business in Great Falls with the purchase of the Lumber Yard Supply building on River Drive. TC Glass was started by Edward Habel and his son Edward Habel Jr. Now the company is under the leadership of Tye and Cody Habel who are carrying on the family legacy with a commitment to quality, price, and convenience. Learn more about the TC Glass expansion in our Announcement of the Week.
5) Artsfest Montana is offering artist training on painting murals on Friday, August 12th from 10 AM to 3 PM. There is a wonderful new fish sculpture on the River’s Edge Trail by artist Alex Smithson; see KRTV. KRTV ran a great story about The Gibson development in Downtown Great Falls.
6) Our Downtown Business Development Officer is traveling to six communities this week in Idaho and Montana, networking and meeting with 7 target companies and developers in their downtowns and getting leads on new targets to add. If you know of a business or developer in the region that might be expanding and be a great fit in Downtown Great Falls, contact Christian at 406.836.0136 or email CLeinhauser@GrowGreatFalls.org.
7) This week we feature Great Falls Tribune writer Traci Rosenbaum’s articles on two exceptional businesswomen and Fire Within Award winners Lori Jean Schult of Good Deeds Real Estate and Lola Sheldon-Galloway, owner of Dairy Queen and Great Falls Lumber.
8) We are excited to be sponsoring the inaugural Montana MultiCultural Fair that will be held on the 400 block of Central Avenue in downtown Great Falls the evening of August 18th. Thank you to Rotary Electric for organizing this great event!
9) Planned and applied for our next Select USA Spin Off Summit. We hope to have our summit on April 27, 2023. This is an opportunity to showcase what it’s like doing business here to potential foreign direct investors. Check out our past two summits here.
10) Here is our updated GFDA Menu of Service & Staff Team. We’re adding a second Business Development Officer to focus on growing the Food, Ag & Bio Processing Industries in the region. Download Career Opportunity.
11) The GFDA Board of Directors elected officers for FY 2023: Mark Macek of Macek Properties, Chair; Mark Cappis of Cappis Consulting & Tax, LLC, Treasurer, Jennifer Fritz of The Wendt Agency, Secretary; and, Len Watkins of Gusto Distributing, Immediate Past Chair. The Board appointed the officers and the following directors to the Executive Committee: Joe Briggs, Cascade County; Forrest Ehlinger, Benefis Health System; Eric Hinebauch, Eric Hinebauch Agency; Ted Lewis, First Interstate Bank; Ron Nelson, Church, Harris, Johnson & Williams, P.C.; Dan Reardon, Liberty Electric; and, Errol Rice, Transystems.
12) The GFDA Board appointed our Loan Committee for FY 2023: Rebecca Engum, Great Falls Montana Tourism, Committee Chair; Teri Anderson, Stockman Bank; Scott Blumfield, Catalyst Commercial; Martin Byrnes, Cushing Terrell; Dwight Holman, Holman Aviation, Shiela Rice, Retired; Chad Simonson, Independence Bank; Tasha Stoll, Guy Tabacco Construction; Erin Townsend, Embark FCU; and, Rich West, WET.
13) Congratulations Jill on completing the first week of the Economic Development Finance Professional certification!
14) GFDA has a long history of support from our INVESTORS. They are the reason we can keep working towards bringing more high wage opportunities to the region. Recent investments include: Pacesetter Division—Sletten Construction Company. These investors are the catalyst for growth in our area, they are helping to Grow Great Falls! If you are interested in joining the team, and want to support our mission, contact Investment Director Jenn Gallmeier at 406-781-9499 or Jenn@GrowGreatFalls.org.
Another great week moving the Great Falls Montana region forward!
President & CEO