Invest in Downtown Great Falls Montana
Downtown Great Falls is an excellent investment opportunity. Developers are investing in housing, entertainment, backend office operations, and professional service firms the mix is right and as of now the cost is low. We are seeing an in-migration of professionals wanting to live downtown to be close to entertainment and food options. And we are working together as a community to develop a vision.
A number of tools are available for developers interested in Downtown Great Falls Montana. All of our development tools are evaluated per project. They include:
- Opportunity Zone
- Downtown Tax Increment Financing District can be applied to public improvements.
- Brownfield Assessment and Clean Up Funding Available to assess and clean up contaminations like lead paint, asbestos, etc.
- Business Improvement District façade and interior grants to aid in renovations.
- Primary Sector Workforce training grants are available to companies with at least 50% of income coming from out of state. The grant provides up to $5000 per employee earning over $20/hour wage + benefits.
- Big Sky Trust Fund Job Creation grants are available to companies with at least 50% of income coming from out of state. The grant provides up to $7500 per employee earning over $20/hour wage + benefits.
- Montana Board of Investment Loans are based for primary sector companies, over 50% of income coming from out of state, hiring high wage jobs. These loans offer lucrative rates and terms for build acquisition and renovations.